Dare to Delegate!
Delegate your errands – It sounds so simple, doesn’t it?
– Delegate definition
verb: to entrust to another
[ noun del-i-git, -geyt; verb del-i-geyt ]
But for many business owners, especially women, it’s really difficult to do. We’re often unwilling or just too overwhelmed to even consider the benefits of delegating our errands. The reality is that we’re ALL busy and we often feel overwhelmed. We’re working hard in our businesses, Also, we’re trying to find time to nurture personal relationships, we’re shuttling our children to activities, we’re trying to manage errands, shopping, school functions, business meetings, Not to mention, we’re trying to eat healthy, get to the gym and have a life on top of it all! And sadly, many of us are spending our weeknights or weekends trying to tackle the dreaded, never-ending to do list. 41% of to do list items literally never get accomplished!
Do you need to delegate?
Because if you have an abundance of extra time in your day and absolutely nothing is slipping through the cracks at home, then my hat is off to you! You should probably just relax and go on with your day. BUT FOR THE REST OF US:
- DOES YOUR SMELLY DOG DESPERATELY NEED TO GO TO THE GROOMER?
- HAS YOUR CAR OIL LIGHT BEEN ON FOR OVER 2 WEEKS AND NOW IT’S FLASHING?
- DO YOU HAVE 6 ITEMS TO RETURN TO 3 DIFFERENT STORES?
- DO YOUR FAVORITE SHOES NEED TO BE RESOLED?
- HAVE YOU BEEN IGNORING THAT DRY CLEANING ORDER YOU KEEP FORGETTING TO PICK UP?
- ARE YOU SPENDING FRIDAY NIGHTS AT AN OVERCROWDED GROCERY STORE AGAIN?
- ARE YOUR CLOSETS EXPLODING?
Oh, and let’s not forget this one, my favorite:
LAST NIGHT AT 8:45 PM YOUR CHILD CASUALLY INFORMED YOU THAT HE NEEDS 3 DOZEN CUPCAKES TO BRING TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!
Does that sound like your life?
So, if we’re all feeling time starved and like we wish we could clone ourselves, why don’t we just delegate these errands?
Let’s talk about why busy people don’t delegate tasks.